With the latest technologies for small to large projects, Alberta is your place for a variety of data centers. Alberta is also the only deregulated electricity market in Canada, meaning we have some of the lowest electricity prices in North America.
Benefit from a low cost jurisdiction, reliable energy sources
and strong connectivity.
- Wholesale power prices have averaged between $18/MWh and $34/MWh since 2015. Current low energy prices represent an opportunity to lock into low long-term rates
- Competitive priced renewable energy; recent competition averaged $37/MWh for power from renewable energy sources
- Minimal cooling cost - cool and dry climate minimizes the use of air conditioning to less than 10% of the year. When heating and/or cooling is needed, natural gas supplies are abundant, reliable, and low cost.
- Robust telecommunications network and excellent dark/lit fibre capacity
- Ample network coverage
- High speed, low latency for efficient user experience and faster transfer of critical data
- Alberta boasts a very stable electricity grid with major transmission system upgrades in recent year
- Plenty of experience with many industrial loads
Alberta's Innovation Ecosystem
Alberta has an emerging innovation ecosystem. The province is a growing hub for VR, AI, and a growing leader in unmanned vehicles.