Industrial manufacturing is a foundational industry that supports infrastructure development as well as energy and natural resource production in Alberta. With world-class expertise and access to global supply chains, Alberta’s industrial manufacturing sector delivers high-value products and services across Canada and around the world.
Alberta’s industrial manufacturing industry has key strengths that make the industry competitive and positioned for growth. Alberta is also home to Canada’s second largest metal manufacturing hub, second only to Ontario.
World-class expertise and access to global supply chains
- Alberta firms specialize in high-value manufacturing and producing sophisticated customized products.
- Alberta’s metal fabrication, machinery and equipment manufacturing sectors play an integral role in major industrial processes, including oil sands and petrochemical development.
- Businesses based in Alberta have access to a young, skilled workforce that is ready to train in new technologies.
- Alberta’s industrial manufacturing firms are ethical leaders in manufacturing and are integral to the fabric of their communities.
Areas of Expertise
Alberta’s metal fabrication expertise include:
- plate work and fabricated structural products
- pressure vessels, tanks and heat exchangers
- metal buildings and components
- machine shops
Alberta’s equipment fabrication expertise include:
- oil and gas field equipment
- construction, mining, agricultural and forestry machinery
- trailer and transportation equipment manufacturing
- HVAC and commercial refrigeration equipment
Research and Development
Meet some of the organizations doing research and development for the industrial manufacturing industry in Alberta. Click through to their websites to see if they may be able to provide support to your company:
- Alberta Innovates
- Alberta Manufacturing Fabrication Innovation Program (AMFI)
- Canadian Centre for Welding and Joining
- Laboratory of Intelligent Manufacturing, Design and Automation (LIMDA)
- Productivity Innovation Centre at NAIT
- CISC's Steel Centre
Get in touch with us to learn more about industrial manufacturing investing in Alberta:
Tom McCaffery, Director, Manufacturing
Kate Reynolds, Senior Industry Development Officer