It is often said that Japanese business is relationship-driven. Personal contacts and introductions are essential to establishing solid business relationships. The Alberta Japan Office (AJO) is in Japan to increase the prospects for Alberta businesses to succeed in this market and to drive Japanese investment into Alberta.
- The AJO works with Alberta companies to find customers for their products, partners for their projects and investors for their businesses.
- The AJO supports Japanese companies that want to source Alberta products, services or technologies and identifies investment opportunities.
Services offered by the AJO to Japanese businesses:
- provides information on Alberta's economy, taxes and regulations
- provides information on Alberta companies
- connects Japanese business to Alberta suppliers of products, services and technologies
- counsels prospective investors on opportunities in Alberta
- helps develop tailored agendas for business trips to Alberta
Services offered by the AJO to Alberta businesses:
- provides market studies, market research reports, and market intelligence on opportunities for select products and services
- consults on local business practices and provides advice on language and culture
- identifies potential business partners and makes business introductions
- makes arrangements for meetings, and interpreters
- supplies information and assistance related to compliance with Japanese trade laws and regulations
- offers access to boardroom meeting facilities for conferences and presentations; internet access, whiteboard and audio-visual presentation equipment included
Our fully bilingual office:
- fosters core industry networks;
- shares market intelligence;
- promotes business, culture and education exchanges;
- offers commercial officers who are specialists in various segments of the Japanese economy;
- provides advice and assists with making the necessary introductions and arrangements to meet potential customers, contacts, agents or distributors.
For further information, please consult the Alberta International Offices’ Client Service Charter.
Learn more about the activities of Alberta’s international offices in the Alberta International Offices Annual Business Reports.
Visit Our Office
How to get to the Alberta Japan Office
The Alberta Japan Office is located in Place Canada in Tokyo.
The nearest subway station is Aoyama 1-chome. You can reach this station either by the Hanzomon line (purple line), the Ginza line (gold line) or the Ohedo line (burgundy line). When you arrive at Aoyama 1-chome station you should exit the ticket gate on the Minami (South) Aoyama side.
When you leave the ticket gate you will be in the basement of the Aoyama Twin Building. There will be a map directly ahead of Minami Aoyama. Turn to the left and walk towards exit 4.
There are two exit 4s; take the one for Aoyama Dori Ave and the Akasaka Post Office. When you exit, you will be right across the street from the Akasaka Post Office. Cross the street and go towards the Akasaka Post Office along the main street, Aoyama Dori. You will be walking against traffic, and there will be trees along the left hand side of the street.
Continue along Aoyama Dori past the post office, and the Embassy of Canada, a large gray building, will be the fifth building on your right. Use the main entrance on the first floor with the sliding glass doors. Take the elevator up to the third floor and you will find the Alberta Japan Office.
Alberta Japan Office
Alberta Japan Office
Place Canada, 3rd Floor
3-37 Akasaka 7-chome
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107 - 0052
Personnel in Japan:
David Anderson, Managing Director
Norihiro Saito, Commercial Manager
Mary Beth Takao, Senior Commercial Officer
Manami Okusawa, Commercial Project Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Nobuko Kobayashi, Office Manager and Executive Assistant email@example.com
Alberta government contacts