The Alberta Washington Office develops important business relationships and can help your company pursue your international business goals. Invest in Canada. Invest in Alberta.
The Alberta Washington D.C. Office promotes Alberta’s economic and policy interests in the United States.
We work to build stronger, mutually beneficial economic ties between Alberta and the United States. Our priorities include communicating to U.S. decision-makers that Alberta:
- is a key trading partner and 966,872 U.S. jobs are supported by trade with Alberta;
- is a secure, reliable and growing energy supplier;
- develops our world-scale energy resources in an environmentally responsible way;
- has innovative, forward-facing industries, excellent infrastructure and a competitive business environment.
We also provide support to Alberta and U.S. companies with an interest in trade and investment opportunities.
Alberta participates in a number of organizations with membership from both sides of the border. These include:
- Council of State Governments
- The Energy Council
- The National Association of State Directors of Agriculture
- The Pacific NorthWest Economic Region (PNWER)
The U.S. is Alberta’s number one trading partner. We continue to cooperate and engage with individual states to advance trade and investment across a variety of sectors, including energy, agriculture, forestry, manufacturing and tourism. Find out more about Alberta’s trade relationship with every U.S state.
Learn more about the activities of Alberta’s international offices in the Alberta International Offices Annual Business Reports.
Alberta Washington D.C. Office
Alberta Washington Office
Embassy of Canada
501 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001
Personnel in Washington D.C.
James Rajotte, Alberta’s Senior Representative to the United States of America James.Rajotte@gov.ab.ca